Saturday 19 May 2018

Following knitted dreams

After the other day mentioning a little project I had my eye on, there has been a bit of unexpected progress.

I popped into Stitch, our lovely little knitting and dressmaking shop in Seaford for a zip (to try to spur myself on to make some new summer skirts I think I am going to really need soon) when I spotted some wool which looked so perfectly suited for the super chunky puff sleeve dream jumper.

It is called Wendy with wool superchunky and there was a lovely duck egg blue (shade 5203 - aqua). I didn't buy it straight away but the next day in a moment of weakness after a long morning of playgroup and park picnics and playing, I decided to pop in on my way home just for a little check. And came out with six balls! ha! (and went back the next day for two more)

Wendy with wool super chunky

I went into a bit of a knit frenzy for the rest of the afternoon, and most of the spare minutes since then - I really have a lot of housework to do, and in true need of an early night - but am really enjoying myself. And have already knitted half of the jumper - a front and a sleeve. It's so super super chunky it is knitting up in a blink.

knitting swatches





































Hip hooray.

And today was royal wedding day and I baked a cake and wore flowers in my hair and socks with my flats and I felt a bit like it was 2010 again - With this and blogging a bit I feel a lot like a bit of my old self at the moment and it's really nice. I hope you enjoyed the royal day if that's your sort of thing. I really loved that veil.

 Yours chunkily, Emily

  flowers in my hairjust don't care

No comments: