this monday i made some good progress. after making up my miniature toile, i had started to draw out the real full size pattern pieces. although i had done the little ones, i think i forgot quite a lot of what i did so it still took me a while to get my head around drawing them but have done quite well so far...
all my pieces, ready for cutting out
I still need to draw out the sleeves, but i was getting bored of drawing and drafting and paper and decided that i had enough pieces to be able to do a bit of cutting and sewing with fabric. Julia our teacher told us that if we wanted, we could make our toiles from some cheap dress fabric so that if it all went well, we would have something we could wear, but if it didn't, it wouldn't be a disaster. I found this blue fabric for just £1.59 per metre. I am really pleased with it, as is really similar in colour and texture to the fendi original and is a nice weight.
The pieces all sewed together really well, and as i had taken out all of the darts, it has so far been a breeze (darts are my least favourite)
a work in progress
There are still quite a few things to do, but i am pleased with how things are shaping up so far.