Wednesday 16 May 2018

Super chunks

So I am aware that I have been out of the loop for a little while now, but I am finding time is returning to me and I am beginning to feel less 100% mum all the time and more like just 93% mum and 7% emily again, which is really why I am back on my emiliabird blog, and embracing all my old loves, like liberty fabrics and expensive wool - haha! (I know, I know, I am sure I have said this before - but this time I actually think I really mean it!)

I was recently pinning my evening away on pinterest and came across one image that stole my heart away - the most beauty fluffy extra super chunky jumper in the most perfect shade of blue. YES!

amazingjumperamazingjumper2

I have really no idea at all where it comes from but I really really needed to share it and really really need to recreate it!

I am currently in the middle of a chunky cropped jumper knitting project (can you see a theme developing?) which is a reknit of this grand wool from colinette  yarns from about 589439 years ago (when it looks like I might have had a knitting project per month?! No??)  I have condensed my wool stash into a rather lovely mid century style sewing box (the big type on legs) but things are a little bit crammed in there so I do need to knit some of it away into my wardrobe before purchasing any more...  then I found this and think maybe I should just take my old stored up wool to charity and buy some more new super chunky light blue wool? hmmmm

Have I mentioned that I am a minimalist now? I feel some conflict.


1 comment:

NannyRose said...

Hi Emily, just wondering if you managed to make this top / jumper? My granddaughter saw the image online and asked me to make her one, I can't find a pattern anywhere ..........