Sunday 27 May 2012

Diamond Dream

Now it is nearly june, and nearly six months since i bought something to wear. This challenge is going very well for me i think, but i did have one very hard moment a couple of weeks back when i saw a lovely blue cardigan at the market. that was the closest i came to breaking - but i resisted and my friend Eleanor bought the cardigan so that made it much easier to let it go.

But this encounter was just the inspiration i needed to break my knitters block. I have been suffering from this condition for a few weeks, since finishing the back of my feather and fan recycled cardigan. it was hard to get to the end of that piece and then i couldn't quite bring myself to start the front. 

So i didn't feel bad to buy some blue to make my cardigan dream come true.

I am using some Peter Pan DK for this project. a perfect shade and very soft and economical.


The original cardigan had some lace pattern panels and lace cuffs and a collar. That's all i can really remember which i think is probably good so that it is not exactly the same as the one Eleanor has. 

I started off with a moss stitch border and then I found this wonderful diamond lace and moss stitch pattern in my pattern book (book featured here!) It says it is difficulty level 'experienced' but i have found it quite straightforward really. 


And now it is all coming together nicely and i am really making good progress:


I like diamonds at the moment, with my diamond dress and the diamond jubilee and now my diamond knitting.

I hope to be able to update you with a finished item quite soon!

Much love,
Diamond geezer. xxxx


1 comment:

Blogger said...

love the moss diamond!