Sunday 4 March 2012

Trees

Yesterday we went to the V&A and I was so inspired by the amazing embroideries in the India rooms. It was a new year's resolution to pick up my sampler again and today I have been busy with some cross stitch trees (i know it's not quite the same). you can see i had started them in my last update, and now they are complete:



This project will really be such a beauty when complete. I hope i can keep up with some stitching a little more now.

Also i will mention we saw the most amazing cape there too - spun from spider silk. it was like fabric gold. There are a few good exhibitions coming up there - I was especially excited to see there is one of Ballgowns starting in May. We saw the Cecil Beaton pictures of the queen, there were some real gems in there. 

I used the word 'there' a bit too many times there.

Yours up a tree, s.t.i.t.c.h.i.n.g

Emilia. xxx

No comments: