Sunday 2 October 2011

skirts skirts skirts

For my next evening class, i really need to have my mind set on my project and to have a pattern ready to use (i think next week will be for cutting out) so knew that i would need to spend some time this weekend to get myself prepared and am pleased to say i've had a most productive day!

I have decided now that i want to attempt two projects to be finished by Christmas. I think this should be okay as the focus is on the construction and not on all the drawing of patterns which did take up a lot of our class time with the pattern cutting course (of course!) and i will hopefully be able to go on wednesday with my patterns ready to go (at least something!)

Here is a small presentation of my design ideas. I've managed to draw the paper patterns already AND cut out the toiles, so i just hope they will sew together okay so I can full steam ahead on wednesday.

Item 1: Black Pencil Skirt (made in the black crepe fabric)
reeba skirt

I have decided to go for this one! I made the pattern really easily from my blocks - just adding an extra dart to the front piece, and putting in the seam and vent at the back. I haven't drawn the waistband piece yet, but would like to be able to create that corded effect.

Item 2: Trimmed Panel Skirt (To be made in grey white and lilac houndstooth check)

a little bit of chanel

I saw this chanel skirt as worn by keira (here you can see all the pictures) and think my patterned fabric will look nice in this design. I love the trim detail too and would like some lilac velvet ribbon to pick out the colour in the fabric (i hope i will find some). I was really in a dilemma about the back, but after walking home behind a girl in a panel skirt on friday, I have decided to split it into three to mirror the front, and then split the middle panel again so I can still have a centred zip and split. 

I will let you know how the toiles go! fingers crossed!

Yours skirtingly,
Emilia. xxx

No comments: