Monday 5 August 2013

Our epic wedding cake

As well as our flowers and bridesmaid's dress, my mum also made us our wedding cake (super mum!). And what a cake! I had enjoyed doing my research and showed mum a few pictures of the things i liked - mostly more flowers! and just look:

Owly Images

Four tiers (five really including our double tier!) so wonderful. The cake is all fruit cake which is amazing as we are still enjoying it!

My sister helped with the icing - all 10kg of it! And we had a lovely surprise when we cut it as they had signed it:

 photo cakebottom_zpsa280a452.jpg

 photo f785a3ab-d0d2-4375-a93b-9d715714afa4_zpsdc61c917.jpg

The cake toppers were my own handiwork (i think i had the easy task!) I had seen some gorgeous little peg toppers on etsy and elsewhere, and decided i would have a little go at copying them! My painting skills are very limited, but the outcome was quite sweet i think:

DSC01968

DSC02028

Rich ended up with a bit of varnish round his neck, but i think apart from this it's quite a good resemblance!

 photo SAM_0302_zps89017057.jpg

No comments: